- Underline text in Photoshop
- How to underline text in Photoshop
- How to add underline in new text
- How to add underline in an existing text
- Underline text in a different color in Photoshop.
- How to remove underline effect from a text in Photoshop
- Photoshop underline text shortcut.
- Why is my text underlined in Photoshop?
- We use underline text to highlight an important part of a paragraph. You can do this in Adobe Photoshop.
How to add underlines on existing text?
- Click on the text tool and select the text you want to underline.
- Go to windows and select the character option at the top. You will see a character open up on the right side of the panel.
- Go to the character toolbox and select the T with an underline. Click on the tick button on top. Your text will be underlined.
How do you change the color of the Underline?
Go to the character box. You will see a color option, and when you click on it, you will see many different color options. Choose the one you want to use and click on the tick button on the top.
- New text if you want all the para underlined, open a new document, and there you can set the option to – fit the Underline Text.
- Open the character toolbox click on the underlined T.
- Click on the text tool on the left side of the toolbar and start writing.
- When you write, your text will show as underlined.
- You can choose a different color for the underline or a different font from the character toolbox.
- If you want plain text and don’t want underlines, just click on the single T. You can switch it on/off as you require.
How to Remove Underline text?
- To remove the underline from your text, select the text from where you want to remove the underline.
- Go to windows, select the Character option, and the character toolbox will open on the right side. Choose the T without underlining.
- Now to click on the tick on top.
- The underline will be removed from the selected text.
Why is my text underlined in Photoshop?
- You might have selected this by mistake because of which you are facing this issue. To remove it, follow the same steps as above.
- Go to the top right of the menu at the character palette.
- And right-click on the large T.
- If it is still not going away, try pressing Ctrl H/cmd H, and it should go the trick.
- The text tool is situated at the left side of the toolbar and is used for writing text.
- The underline T is on the right side of the Photoshop, inside the character palette.
- It will not work if you are trying to do this on a text inside an image (jpg, png) in Photoshop. It must be a document that you are making in Photoshop or a PSD document.
Other Options in Character Panel
There are so many other features that you can use and make your text eye-catching.
1st – you can change the font style.
2nd – some fonts have different versions. If the font you have selected has options, you will see them in the drop-down button. You will see different options or none according to the font you have selected.
3rd – With this option, you can increase or decrease the font size. Click on the icon and drag it to left or right.
4th leading – if you slide it to the right, it increases the space between the paragraph, and if you slide it to the left, it will decrease the space between the text.
5th – (Metrics) – increases or decreases the space between two letters or words. Just put your cursor between the two characters you want to create space between and drag the cursor left or right to increase the distance
6th – It increases decreases the space between the characters. Select the text and drag your mouse left or right; it will increase the space between each character.
7th (vertical scale) You can scale the height of the text. Click on the icon and drag it left or right.
8th horizontal scale You can scale the width of the text.
9th Baseline shift can move each character/text up or down. You can use the ruler to select the baseline.
10th change the color of the font.
Here are different Ts
- All caps
- Small caps
- Superscript – Any symbol, number or text written above or below the line.
- Underline text – underlines the text
- Strikethrough – cuts the text
I hope this article was helpful. I have explained everything in as much detail as I could. If you want to learn more about Photoshop, check out these articles-
- Types of gradients and how to use them in Photoshop – https://crazy-graphics.in/types-of-gradients-and-how-to-use-them-in-photoshop/
- How to Rotate in Photoshop – https://crazy-graphics.in/how-to-rotate-in-photoshop/
- How to Warp Text in Photoshop in 2021 – https://crazy-graphics.in/how-to-warp-text-in-photoshop-in-2021
- How to Create Gifs from Pictures in Photoshop in 5 Easy Steps – https://crazy-graphics.in/how-to-create-gifs-from-pictures-in-photoshop-in-5-easy-steps/